Personal Injury is the area of law dealing with any damage suffered as a result of someone else's negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct. Herbert Thornbury and his staff work with clients in Tennessee with Personal Injury Claims ranging from:
If you or a family member has suffered serious physical or financial damages as a result of someone else's negligence, call Mr. Thornbury's Chattanooga law office at (423) 443-3973. We'll discuss your personal injury case with you in detail, and help you understand your options.
Click here to learn more about:
- Types of Personal Injury Claims
- Choosing a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Personal Injury Questions
- Do I have a Personal Injury Claim?
Protecting Your Rights
Although every personal injury case is different, there are some general guidelines you can follow to help preserve your rights:
- Document the circumstances surrounding the event, including the names of any and all persons involved and witnesses, license plate and driver's license numbers, and policy numbers of relevant insurance coverage.
- Document your own injuries as much as possible. Take pictures of medical injuries, and retain copies of all medical bills and records.
- Be wary of quick settlements. Recent lawsuits have revealed a consistent policy by insurance companies of offering low settlements on personal injury claims quickly. It saves them money, but can leave you hanging as expenses from your injury accumulate.