Chattanooga Personal Injury Lawyer
Experienced, dedicated, and effective, Herbert Thornbury has helped countless victims of serious injury get full and fair compensation in his over three decades of practice. AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, Attorney Thornbury is a Board-Certified Trial Specialist who is not afraid to take cases as far as needed to help victims of injury and their families get the justice they deserve.
If you live in Chattanooga or surrounding areas of Tennessee and are in need of a skilled and practiced personal injury attorney, please call Herbert Thornbury, Attorney at Law at 423-752-0544 to schedule a complimentary consultation today.
In addition to his three decades of experience representing people like you, Herbert Thornbury is a well-respected member of the legal community. Bar appointed as a Hearing Committee Member for the Board of Professional Responsibility by the Tennessee Supreme Court, Mr. Thornbury also served, for 27 years, as a Municipal Judge in the Town of Walden.
An adjunct professor of business law at both the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and the American Institute of Banking, Attorney Thornbury is also a frequent speaker and guest lecturer on topics ranging from workers’ compensation to civil liability for organizations including the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Chattanooga Trial Lawyers Association, and the National Business Institute.
Committed to both his community and his country, Herbert Thornbury served in the 119th Light Infantry Brigade from 1968 to 1970, and remained a Captain in the United States Army Reserve from 1971-1975. Mr. Thornbury applies that same level of dedication and discipline to every case he takes, fighting tirelessly for justice and helping men and women who have been injured through no fault of their own get the true compensation they deserve.
To learn more about Attorney Thornbury’s areas of practice or to schedule a free case evaluation at our Chattanooga office, contact Herbert Thornbury, Attorney at Law today.
Education and Military Service
- McCallie School, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Board of Directors, 1978-1989; 1992-1993
- President, Alumni Council, 1988
- Alumni Council, 2000-2006
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga – 1968 (B.A.)
- University of Tennessee College of Law – 1973 (Juris Doctorate)
- United States Army, Active Duty, 1968-1978
- 119th Light Infantry Brigade, Republic of Vietnam
- Captain, United States Army Reserve, 1971-1975
Teaching & Guest Speaking Experience
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, Speaker on Workers' Compensation and Subrogation
- National Business Institute, Speaker on Workers' Compensation
- Chattanooga Trial Lawyers Association, Speaker on Workers' Compensation and Civil Liability
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Adjunct Professor, Business Law
- American Institute of Banking, Adjunct Professor, Business Law
Bar Associations & Board-Certifications
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Supreme Court appointment as a Hearing Committee Member on the Board of Professional Responsibility, 1996-2002
- American Bar Association
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Board-Certified Trial Specialist, 1995-2020
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Chattanooga Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Board of Governors, Past President
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- Member, Board of Governors, 1980-1996
- Chairman, General Liability Section, 1991-1992
- American Association for Justice
Attorney Thornbury is a proven, honest, and diligent attorney with decades of experience in Tennessee and beyond. If you are in need of help, Mr. Thornbury is here to listen to your story, provide you with useful and relevant information about your options, and guide you towards the most effective way to receive fair compensation. To learn more or to schedule your complimentary case review, please call 423-752-0544 today.
Located in Chattanooga, Herbert Thornbury, Attorney at Law welcomes clients from all surrounding areas of Tennessee and Georgia. Your initial consultation is free of both cost and obligation, and all personal injury cases are handled on a contingency basis. Call today to schedule your consultation and learn more.