Questions about Motorcycle Accidents

Proudly Representing the Chattanooga, Nashville and Nearby Atlanta, GA areas for 30 years

When should I talk to an attorney about a motorcycle accident?

You should always talk to an attorney about your motorcycle accident if you suffered personal injury or lost a loved one in the accident. Serious injury or loss can result in a significant economic and personal burden on you and your family—you should not have to bear it if someone else is responsible for your accident.

What should I do at the scene of an accident?

Follow the advice on what to do at the scene of a car accident.

Can I file a lawsuit even if I was not wearing a helmet during my motorcycle accident?

Yes, you can file a lawsuit even if you were in violation of Tennessee’s helmet laws at the time of the accident. If another person was responsible for the accident, you can still file a lawsuit, but your compensation may be reduced if your injuries are partly due to your failure to wear a helmet.

What compensation can I seek after a motorcycle accident?

After your motorcycle accident, you can seek compensation for economic and noneconomic damages due to your accident, including:

  • Medical bills
  • Lost wages
  • Disability and diminished earning capacity
  • Pain and suffering
  • Diminished quality of life

The exact compensation varies depending on the circumstances of your case.

Why should I contact Herbert Thornbury about my motorcycle accident?

Herbert Thornbury is a certified Civil Trial Specialist with decades of experience helping injury victims in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area. He is dedicated to helping his clients win the compensation they deserve after any type of personal injury.

To learn more about your legal rights and options, please contact Herbert Thornbury, Attorney at Law today for a free consultation.