Motor vehicle accidents are a major contributor to property damage and bodily injury. In 2014, there were around 12,000 motor vehicle crashes in Chattanooga and the surrounding area, with 38 people killed and over 2300 injured, according to the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security. And each of these accidents can be traced to human error: a dangerous or negligent driver, a defective or poorly-maintained car part. In 2017, Chattanooga earned the distinction of having more fatal motor vehicle accidents than anywhere else in Tennessee.
At the offices of Herbert Thornbury, Attorney at Law, we can obtain just compensation for any loss suffered in a vehicular collision. If you or a loved one has recently been in an accident, call our Tennessee motor vehicle accident lawyer at (423) 443-3973 to schedule your complimentary and risk-free case evaluation.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Herbert Thornbury has spent the last three decades trying motor vehicle accident cases in Tennessee. A Certified Trial Specialist, his experience in bringing these types of cases to court means he is qualified to represent you in a variety of personal injury cases.
The types of motor vehicle accident claims Mr. Thornbury handles include:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Auto Accidents with Bicycles
- Accidents with Distracted Drivers
- Accidents with Uninsured or Underinsured Drivers
- Severe Injury from an Auto Accident
- Wrongful Death from a Motor Vehicle Accident
When you get in an accident, you may not be sure why you need an personal injury lawyer. It's always tempting to stand back and let the insurance companies sort things out. But the truth is, insurance companies have a financial incentive to pay you less than you deserve... unless you have a lawyer who will fight to ensure you get a fair compensation. Herbert Thornbury is that lawyer.
Attorney Services in an Motor Vehicle Accident
Resolving liability issues in motor vehicle accidents is a complicated legal process, usually involving multiple insurance companies, law enforcement, and any property that was damaged or people who were injured. It would be a formidable challenge to deal with even if you were not physically hurt. With your injuries, it will be still more physically and mentally taxing. An attorney can deal with these complex legal issues while you recover.
As your motor vehicle accident attorney, Mr. Thornbury's services include:
- Communicating with insurance companies involved in the crash
- Obtaining the necessary evidence to prove liability
- Communicating with doctors and healthcare providers to get a clear picture of your medical condition and the financial impact
- Compiling, arranging, and presenting the evidence for your case to the court
- Negotiating with other parties involved in the accident to win you a favorable settlement without having to file a lawsuit
- Bringing the case to court if a settlement cannot be reached
Even if your accident appears to be relatively straightforward, it helps to speak to a lawyer to make sure you are not overlooking anything important about the case. Having Herbert Thornbury on your side will discourage anyone from attempting to cheat you with an unfair settlement, and will provide legal protection against accusations made by others.
- "He and his wonderful staff, especially Tommy made my whole process simple and easy. They kept me well informed and answered all my questions. They were all professional and showed concerned over the stress I and my family we're under. He is the most knowledgeable attorney I have ever met. He worked hard for me and the great results proved it. You can't go wrong choosing this attorney and his team." - D.P.
- "Thank you, Herbert, so much for all of your hard work on my case. I really appreciate all of the hard work and care that you showed me during this process. You are the best! Thank you, for all you do." - M.
- "Thank you so much for everything you did to help me. I thank you for all your hard work and time. When others need help, your name will be at the top of my list to give them." - S.
Your Chattanooga Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer
The Tennessee statute of limitations on motor vehicle accidents is one year. If you or a loved one have experienced any personal injury from an accident in the last year, seek out an experienced and credentialed accident lawyer in Herbert Thornbury, Attorney at Law. Call us to schedule a free case evaluation at (423) 443-3973. We serve Chattanooga, Tennessee and the surrounding communities.