If you've suddenly suffered an injury that has rendered you unable to work, you may qualify for social security because of your disability. You need help to take care of your family and you may be feeling overwhelmed, but our Chattanooga social security attorneys can help you get the coverage you deserve.
Social security claims for disability can be difficult because the government may attempt to deny your claim by stating that you don't meet all of the required disability requirements. In order to be covered by social security for a disability, you must meet the following guidelines:
- Be unemployed or employed but making less than $1,070 (in 2014) per month
- Be unable to work because of your medical impairment
- Have a condition considered an impairment by the government
- Be unable to return to any of the jobs you've had during the last 15 years
- Be unable to perform another type of work than the one you previously did
If you meet all of these criteria, you are entitled to receive social security disability payments. If the government has denied your claim and you believe that they shouldn't have, you can seek an appeal by hiring our attorney, Herbert Thornbury.
Mr. Thornbury has decades of experience and can help ensure that you get the coverage and care that you need to take care of yourself and your family. Contact us today to see how we can help you. Call us at (423) 443-3973.