Here in Chattanooga, we don’t get a lot of winter weather, and most of us aren’t used to driving in snow, ice, and freezing rain. But it does happen, and when white stuff falls from the sky, we all need to remain alert and adjust for the conditions. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident involving a negligent driver, trust Chattanooga fatal car accident attorney Herbert Thornbury to fight for justice and get you the compensation you deserve.
While summer driving brings to mind road trips and mile after mile of sunny skies, winter driving is something altogether different. Here are some ways to stay safe when it’s slick out and avoid getting into an auto accident.
- Don’t drive if you don’t have to.
- If you must drive, leave extra time to reach your destination.
- Slow down! The posted speed limit ceases to remain relevant when it’s slick out. Drive as slowly as you need to in order to stay safe.
- If you skid, fight your instincts and first turn into the direction of the skid. This aligns your tires with your direction of travel and improves your chance of regaining traction.
- Remember that four wheel drive does not mean four wheel stop! Leave plenty of braking distance even if you have a 4WD vehicle.
- Carry extra blankets, water, food, and a flashlight in case you have to spend some time in the elements.
Winter driving is hard, but we owe it to each other to drive responsibly as an obligation of sharing the road. If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Please contact Chattanooga fatal car accident attorney Herbert Thornbury today at 423-443-3973 to arrange a free consultation.