The recent tractor trailer accident near Chattanooga shows just how dangerous truck accidents can be. On June 25, construction caused traffic to come to a halt on I-75, but the driver of a truck failed to stop, plowing into the parked cars ahead. Nine vehicles and 18 passengers were involved in the crash that killed 6 people and injured another 6. Our Chattanooga Truck Accident Attorneys have seen how crashes like this can dramatically alter the course of so many lives.
The Aftermath of a Truck Accident
Injuries from truck accidents can be severe, including the following:
The healing process takes time, and it can leave you unable to work while large medical bills pile up.
Determining truck accident liability can be complex, but our truck accident attorneys have the knowledge and the experience to help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you have been injured in a truck accident, there are steps you can take to begin putting your life back on track:
- Immediately seek medical care, and follow all your doctor’s instructions
- File a police report
- Gather as much evidence as possible and take pictures of the scene and all vehicles
- Find witnesses who can help determine who or what caused the accident.
- Don’t provide any statements before taking with your own truck accident attorney
- Don’t wait, as truck accident suits have a statute of limitations
If you have been hurt in a truck accident, call Herbert Thornbury, Attorney At Law today at (423) 443-3973 for a consultation. Mr. Thornbury serves people in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area.